As I've written several times over the last few weeks, I have been striving to make better use of my time. I've also been trying to make sure I spend the most time on those things that are the most important. As I've been working through some of this I have also thought about all the conveniences I have in my life that allow me to have more time for those of more importance. It is for these things that I am thankful for this week.
* My washing machine and dryer... this is a big one for me. I can just throw those clothes in and let them wash and then dry while I go and do other things around the house or go play a game with my kids. I don't have to take time to go to the laundromat or fill up the wash basin or take a walk to the local creek -- which is REALLY great as I'm just not one of those "wash it and beat it on a rock to clean it" kind of gals :).
* My dishwasher... as with the washing maching and dryer I can just put my dishes in there and walk away while they become all shiny clean.
* My car.... allows me to make quick trips to the grocery store, church, Target, to take the kids to school and to get me to work and back each day.
* The radio and CD player in my car... now, these don't really save me time but they do allow me to make better use of my time. Thanks to great Christian radio stations and my CDs I can use my drive time to and from work each day for some praise and worship time.
* My hot water heater.... saves alot of time in heating up the water so I don't have to put my pot of water over a fire.
* My stovetop and oven... makes fixing food for the family so much faster and easier.
In this day and age I tend to take many of these items for granted. However, there is much here for which be thankful. It gives me so much more time to spend with my family or to be involved in a Bible study or many, many other things. For all of these things I am thankful!
For more Thankful Thursday visit Iris at "Grace Alone..."!