Then Sings My Soul Saturday - "People Need The Lord"

|


Over the course of the last year or so, the Lord has impressed upon me how important it is to share Him with the world around me. Whether it be by the words that come out of my mouth or by my actions, I have been called to share. I was placed in this world for that very purpose -- to share God's love with those that have not yet found it for themselves.

The message of this song is such a reminder to me that there are people hurting in this world. They are all around me -- everywhere I turn. Not all of them have found the wondrous love of God. If I don't tell/show them, how will some of them ever know what awaits them if they will only choose to follow?

One phrase that speaks to me personally -- "We are called to take His light; To a world where wrong seems right. What would be too great a cost; For sharing life with one who's lost?"



People Need the Lord

Everyday they pass me by,
I can see it in their eye.
Empty people filled with care,
Headed who knows where?

On they go through private pain,
Living fear to fear.
Laughter hides their silent cries,
Only Jesus hears.

People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door.
People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
When will we realize --people need the Lord?

We are called to take His light
To a world where wrong seems right.
What would be too great a cost
For sharing life with one who's lost?

Through His love our hearts can feel
All the grief they bear.
They must hear the words of life
Only we can share.

People need the Lord, people need the Lord
At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door.
People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
When will we realize that we must give our lives,
For people need the Lord.
People need the Lord.


For more "Then Sings My Soul Saturday" posts visit Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders.


14 Thoughts Shared:

Shari said...

Oh Melanie, I really liked the message of this post. I've never paid attention to those lyrics before. They are so convicting. Last Spring, I did a Way of the Master evangelism class at church. It got me all motivated to witness. I even made a site called Easy to Evangelize to give even the most reluctant ideas. http://www.easytoevangelize.com/
I believe that witnessing is a responsibility for us all - not just the "Called" and the missionaries.

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

Great choice!

Unknown said...

An oldie, but definitely a goodie!! I needed that reminder!

Kimberly said...

I was just looking around the other day at Walmart and thinking about all of those around me who do not have the hope that I have. This is a great song and a great reminder that we need to be sharing the hope that we have with a lost and dying world.
May He fill us with a boldness and a passion for sharing with the those around us all about Him!

God's girl said...

That is a great song! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Angela

Susan said...

Hey Melanie,

Oh, what an incredible song, and challenge for us all. It is my disire each day.

We used this song to play in the background when we made a video of our first trip to Russia, it was so touching!

Blessings♥

Mindy said...

Beautiful song! I hadn't heard this before and really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing it.

ocean mommy said...

Funny thing about this song. It's been years since I've heard it. BUT it ran through my mind earlier in the week as I was driving home one night. I pulled into my neighborhood and just thought of the people in those homes. This song has been running through my heart ever since.

Thanks for sharing...
steph.

Ceci G. said...

This reminds me of a post on another blog, Chrysalis, this week about reaching others for Christ. I think it is easy to get caught up in our walk with the Lord and forget that there are others who still don't know Him. Thanks for the reminder.

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh this is one of my favorites of his! This brings back such memories and just makes me ache for the fallen world we live in.

beckyjomama said...

I love this song. It was one fo the first ones I ever did in church. Has a special place in my heart!
Great choice!
Becky Jo

Stephanie said...

Melanie,
I just loved the heart that you shared in your own message to accompany this beautiful song. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself with others.

Kelley said...

I've been thinking a lot about that as well. Especially with all of the pain and prayer requests I am seeing through blogging. We need so much to be lifting one another up as the body of Christ!

God Bless You,
Kelley

Amy Wyatt said...

I hadn't heard this song in years. It was so good to look at the lyrics and be reminded of it once again. Thanks for sharing it.