Can't Steal My Joy

|
It is so, so easy to let the "day to day" of life, the words and actions from others and painful situations to completely rob us of our joy.

Last week when I walked into church, I was coming off one of those weeks where I had done just that. In the grand scheme of things, it was not a bad week. But, a few days prior there had been some words said to me that had been difficult to hear and it was still hurting when I arrived at church that day. I was still struggling with how to accept them and whether or not they were true. I'm sure I was even placing too much importance on them. I was allowing that whole situation to take my joy and making me doubt decisions I had made. Decisions that I had made as I had examined where God wanted me to be and the priorities I should have in my life.

Anyway, as I sat in church that morning there were many things that I know God had waiting just for me. The sermon that morning? Just what I needed to hear. The music that morning? Again, words that spoke to me specifically. It was just what I needed. In closing the service, the song below is what was played. I have carried it with me all this past week.

I hope it is as good a reminder to you as it was of me... don't let the world steal away our joy!



(Never Gonna) Steal My Joy
I look at my life
And I still can't believe it
How did I make it
To where I stand now?
You don't understand
I was up against the whole world
And all I could feel was it breaking me down
But out of a hopeless situation
There came a song of redemption

Life may push my heart to the limit
But I won't let go
Of the joy in my soul
‘Cause everything can change in a minute
And the world may try
But they're never gonna steal my joy

So get up, stand up
And rise above it
If every plan
That you've made goes so wrong
You don't have to give in to the struggle
You may be down
But don't stay there for long
In every hopeless situation
There is a song of redemption

The world may say
You're never gonna make it
The world may say
You're not strong enough to take it
But I don't care
‘Cause the joy of the Lord is real
And they're never gonna steal my joy



2 Thoughts Shared:

More Than Words said...

The enemy will always try to rob of us our joy!

I'm glad that the Lord was able to speak to you through your pastor!!

Tracy said...

Thanks for sharing, Melanie! Don't you love the way God encourages us by giving us just what we need, when we need it?

I couldn't view the video, but I'm glad you posted the lyrics...I can only add...Amen!

Blessings, sweet friend!