This week as I have watched the coverage from Haiti my thanksgivings have focused alot on what we consider "basics". Unfortunately, for those in Haiti, many of them didn't even have many of these things prior to the earthquake. Oh, how my heart aches for them! And, how much I realize how very blessed we are to live in this country and to know the Lord!
I am thankful for....
- a roof over my head when I go to sleep at night
- my health and the health of my family members
- the ability we have to provide food, clothing, and shelter for our children
- clothes to wear and the ability to clothe my children
- a car to carry me to church, to work, to take the kids to school, etc
- "modern conveniences", such as, our washer and dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator
- clean water to drink and to user for bathing
As I am so thankful for all of this and much more, I pray that I would never take it for granted..... that I would always be aware of how much I have in comparison to so many others in this world. I pray that I would have a heart that is aware of and willing to share these many gifts with others that are hurting and in need.
To join us in sharing our thanksgivings this week, visit Lynn at "Spiritually Unequal Marriage".