A Request

|
This evening I'd like to just take a few minutes of your time and ask if you would join my family in prayer. It's been a week of excitement and a start to new adventures and also a week of great sadness. If you feel led, would you please remember these in your prayers?

Tonight, probably as I am typing this post, my sister and her family board a plane that will take them to Prague where they will be serving as missionaries. They are so excited as they begin this new journey. And, while we will miss them while they are away, we are so very excited for them, as well, and very proud of them as they follow the Lord's calling into missions.

On a much sadder note, my uncle passed away late last night. This followed a long summer full of a number of medical issues, not the least of these being pancreatic cancer. If you would please keep my aunt in your prayers, along with the rest of the family. As well, many of us will be traveling next week for his memorial service.



Through it all, we will continue to praise the Lord. We know and are so thankful that He is here with us and will guide our days... regardless of whether they are filled with excitement and laughter or with sadness and grief. How truly blessed we are to serve a God that we are able to praise regardless of the storms we face!


We appreciate all your prayers... they mean more than you will ever know. Love you all!



10 Thoughts Shared:

Tracy said...

You can be assured of my prayers, Melanie. I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Uncle. How hard it must be to say good-bye to your sister and her family, too (even though you're excited for them) Praying, praying...

LisaShaw said...

Precious Sister,

I pray comfort and peace for your Aunt and the entire family in the loss of your Uncle. I'm so sorry.

I pray for protection, provision, great anointing and a powerful move of GOD for your sister and her family as they serve the LORD in missions.

My love and prayers are with you.

Joan said...

Sending prayers.

Blessings

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh sweet friend...I'm praying for you...and for each and everyone of your needs.

On my knees.

Kristi said...

Melanie, I am praying for all of you tonight. May the Faithful One surround you with His peace and allow you to rest in Him.

Sab said...

I'm praying. So much has happened in your family these last few months. I'm praying.

eph2810 said...

I will keep your family in my prayers. How exciting for your sister and her family to make the the big jump into missionary work...

Blessings to you and yours...

Tricia said...

Melanie
I will be praying for your family... so sorry you are having a season of sadness... I know you are excited for your sister but will miss her terribly, and we will pray for your aunt and the entire family...

Blessings and prayers...

Meredith said...

Certainly praying! So sorry for your losses. I truly hope you get the chance eventually to visit your sister in Prague. It is a fabulous city. I can't imagine my sis going so far away.

Terra Heck said...

You are in my thoughts and I've said a prayer for you. May God bless you and yours.