I have so many "thankful thoughts" running thru my head this evening as I sit down to type out this post. It's been a month of blessings, of learning, of listening. I've sat here and tried to pull them all together into some sort of post to share with you what they all mean to me, but alas, the words just aren't coming this evening. :) So, here they are in bullet points (I know.... not as creatively "pretty", but I don't think God will mind).....
* I have been so blessed by the husband God gave to me. He is patient with me, he is kind (even when I am not), he loves me and he loves me exactly the way that I am.
* My children are right up there at the top of the list with my husband. I just can't imagine my life without these two sweet little people in my life. My son so full of laughter and hugs. My daughter so sweet and silly.
* I am thankful for my parents. They taught me from an early age about God and were a living example to me in how I should live my life for Him. As I look back over my "growing up years" I see so many ways in which they taught me and my sisters what was truly important in life and taught us how to rely fully on God in everything. And, they taught us this consistently. No hit or miss based on whether life was easy or life was difficult. God was our direction through thick and thin and, because of this, I was witness to the many ways in which God provides in all types of circumstances.
* I am so thankful for the ways in which the Lord has been teaching me that I just can't do everything myself. This actually has been something that I have been dealing with for awhile now... this realization that I'm not superwoman and, therefore, should not expect myself to be able to do everything myself. Lately it just seems that I've received some gently prods and guidance from God in this area. And, just like He always does, He has shown me ways to let go and let someone else do it, or just completely let it go (yes, there are things I worry about that are just not priorities... sigh).
* I am thankful for spring. I love this time of year as the earth just seems to come to life... new flowers and new leaves all so fresh and green and brightly colored, new life in the animal kingdom, sunshine and warmer weather.
* I am thankful for the new life I have in Christ. I am so thankful for the gift He gave us as He sacrificed His life so that we might live. I can't even begin to put into words what I feel as I think about this gift.... a gift that I'm sure I don't even fully comprehend even as I sit and type these words.
As we all celebrate the new life we have in Christ in the days to come, I pray that none of would take lightly what we have been given and that we would move forward with a new and fresh commitment to live our lives fully for our Lord and Saviour!
For more Thankful Thursday posts, visit Laurie at "Women Taking a Stand">!