"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6
Today I am thankful for prayer. What a gift we have been given in prayer! Here are a few of the reasons why I am thankful for prayer......
* Through prayer I am able to have a relationship with God. I can actually have a real live conversation with God. How cool is that?!
* Prayer allows me to seek guidance from the Lord.
* Through prayer I can lay my concerns, my fears, my sorrows at the feet of Jesus. And leave them there. He takes them and carries them for me.
* Prayer allows me to be with God anytime. I don't have to wait until He has time to visit with me, or until He is close to the phone, or until He has time to read my email. He is ALWAYS right there waiting for me to speak with Him and spend time with Him.
* I don't have to be anywhere special to pray to God. I can pray in my car, in my house, outdoors, at work... anywhere. I don't need to use special words or bow to my knees. I can say a quiet prayer as I sit at work or I can pray while sitting outdoors on a sunny day. It doesn't matter. How great is that... He is with me and listening regardless of where I am or how I look or how I am dressed or how I feel.
* God understands when I just don't have the words. He knows my heart and He knows how I feel and what I need. As long as I come before Him, fully seeking Him, He is there and He is listening and He is caring and loving and comforting.
* Prayer allows me a means by which to praise God, to worship God, and to thank God !
Thank you, dear Lord, for prayer! Prayer that allows us to be with YOU!
For more Thankful Thursday posts, visit Iris at "Grace Alone..."!