* I am thankful for the beautiful weather we've been having in our part of Texas this last week. We've had some great times outdoors playing and just hanging out as a family.
* I am thankful for several sources of encouragement that I have received lately. This has come via several different sources, but ultimately, I know that it has come from God. A month or so ago I was questioning several things -- "where to go from here?", "am I on the right path?" and so on. However, this last week God has sent multiple signs via messages of encouragement to show me that I am on the right path.
* I am thankful for several new opportunties that I have in our church. I am most excited about a women's ministry that is just growing and growing. I haven't been able to participate in the past as it was on a weekday and my work schedule would not allow me to attend. However, it has grown so much recently that they have opened up a 2nd time that meets in the evening. And, not only will I be able to attend, but I will also be helping each month in a volunteer capacity. I am so excited! I need a ministry like this in my life... both as a participant and a volunteer.
* I've mentioned this more than once lately, but I'm so thankful for the sense of peace that God has given me that I am right where He wants be to be for now. I can see Him preparing the way up ahead and I am anxious to get there, but God has given me a peace about this moment. That peace is a great thing at all times.... but, especially when I am in my impatient moments. It's hard to feel impatient when there is peace.
* I am thankful my son has had a good week at school. He's in 1st grade and has been struggling lately with his journal work and with getting his daily classwork completed. However, with prayer and time spent talking with my son about the situation, I think we may have found some ways to help him out and encourage him (he has really been discouraged). This week has been so much better... he's gotten almost all his classwork done and he completed his journal work on Monday with no problems at all! He has been so excited when he gets home each day! I know there are many more school related issues down the road for us, and probably not an end to this one yet, but a good week is a good week and we are thankful!
For more Thankful Thursday visit Iris at "Grace Alone..."!