Merry Christmas!

|

So, we've had another great weekend around here... our annual viewing of Christmas lights around the city, making a gingerbread house (yes, we tried something a bit different than the usual gingerbread house), Christmas services at church. It's just been great! I must say that one of my favorite times was as we drove around viewing Christmas lights. We have a particular neighborhood in the area that we always visit and this year they did not let us down. It was spectacular! And, the delight of the kids... can't be missed! And, get this... the kids favorite Christmas decorations they saw that night? The nativity scenes displayed in the yards! What a joy it was to hear the screams of the delight -- "Mom, it's Baby Jesus!" or "Wow, there's Mary & Joseph & Baby Jesus! My very favorite!" And, then there was my daughter (4 yrs old) that after one of those exclamations saying, "Jesus loves me and He knows me and I know Him!" Oh, yes, my dear little sweetie, Jesus does love you and He knows you and you know Him, too! So sweeet!

Anyway, as we are in the midst of much fun and preparations around here, I'm going to take a bit of a bloggy break. Not exactly sure when I'll be back... sometime after Christmas, maybe New Year's.... I'm just going to play it by ear. I will probably visit around to you all a bit over the next week or so, but for the most part I will be away and just enjoying some good 'ole family Christmas time. Celebrating the birth or our Saviour and all the many gifts He has given to us.

I pray each and every one of you have the best Christmas.. filled with much joy and laughter. Oh, and good food, too! ;)


21 Thoughts Shared:

Laurie Ann said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the weekend and that your children and you enjoyed the decorations. How precious is it that the nativities were their favorite! Enjoy your bloggy break!

Natalie said...

A very Merry Christmas to you too, Melanie!

Amy said...

Hope you have a fantastic Christmas! Enjoy your break! I did with mine.

Paula V said...

I love, love, love the comments of your 4 yr old. How very precious.
Love,
Paula

Tammy said...

Merry Christmas Melanie! "See" you after Christmas!

Debra Kaye said...

Merry Christmas, Melanie. God bless you!

bp said...

Sounds like such a delightful weekend! I love driving around to see lights, we'll be doing that Christmas Eve I think.

Merry Christmas to you!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Melanie,

Isn't it great when the things your kids love to see, ie., lights are the ones involving Christ. Makes you feel like you're doing something right. These are the years when they are being molded for a lot of what the future.

Have a very Merry CHRISTmas!

Cheryl

Beth E. said...

We'll be enjoying our Christmas week at HOME. We'll all be together this entire week...a gift in itself. Then, we celebrate my birthday! I'll be OLDER when you come back. Eeeek! :o)

Merry Christmas, my friend.

Kristi said...

I am so thrilled for you and your family. It sounds like you are taking every advantage of enjoying this blessed season together. May you and your family have a most blessed Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best this Christmas and a blessed New Year!

God bless you and your family! ♥

Tea with Tiffany said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tracy said...

Merry Christmas sweet one! May you and your family continue to enjoy great times together reflecting on our Saviour's birth. See you when you get back...

Abundant blessings,
Tracy

LAURIE said...

Melanie,

I wanted to stop in and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and tell you how much I have enjoyed the writings from your heart this past year!

Merry Christmas!
Laurie

i said...

Have a blessed Christmas!

Sab said...

Ok, I got teary eyed! I always favored the nativity sets as well... still wish I had one. Perhaps I'll make one for next year...

Anonymous said...

Your posts always bless...Merry Christmas!

Tricia said...

What precious memories! I just love hearing what kids say, it makes my heart happy!

I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas! I am just doing a bit of visiting and catching up from the last week or 2...

Blessings!

Michele Williams said...

Wonderful memories. I pray you are enjoying your time with your family. You are missed though! You always make me smile and think too! The thinking part can be dangerous! lol!! Blessings....

Erica said...

I so agree with you...I think that as long as we are doing what the Lord has called us to do with our whole hearts, we must be on the right track. He has gifted us all differently, and I hadn't really thought about the comments the "other side" receives. Thanks for opening my eyes to that as well. You are a precious mom and follower of the Lord. I learn so much from you! Thanks!

Erica said...

I so agree with you. I think as long as we are doing what the Lord has called us to do with all our hearts, we are on the right track. I had never thought about the comments the "other side" receives, but I am sure it is just as hurtful. You are such a wonderful mom and follower of Jesus. You bless me with your insight! Thanks.