1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Most definitely Hot Chocolate. I’m not even sure I’ve ever tasted Egg Nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa always wraps his presents.
3. Colored light on house/tree or white?
White lights on house and tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Ours usually go up around the first weekend in December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I’ve been looking at this list for 2 days now and can’t narrow down to just one, so I’m going to cheat and just say I love them all! :)
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
The time we spent at my grandparent’s houses with all our extended family.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
You know, I don’t even remember. I feel like I’ve always known Santa wasn’t real and that Jesus was the REAL reason for the season. I’m sure there was a moment, I just can’t remember. (ahh… the joys of getting older!)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Because we are usually either with my parents or Jeff’s on Christmas Day, we have begun making Christmas Eve our family’s Christmas Day celebration. So, yes we open gifts on Christmas Eve. This year we are going to start the day off with that and spend it all together just the four of us… just like we would do if we were home on Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Ours is a hodge podge of decorations. Some that we have purchased each year since we were married, some from travels, some the kids have made, etc.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
Well, we don’t get a lot of that white stuff in Texas, but I do love it. Every couple of years we are in Minnesota at my parent’s house and we can almost always be guaranteed there will be snow. I LOVE to sit INSIDE and see the beauty of the snow OUTSIDE. :)
12. Can you ice skate?
Nope… have tried many times and just can’t manage more than about halfway around the rink… moving vveerryy ssslllooowwwlllyyy.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remember several… a Barbie doll Jet plane as a child, a pair or shoes I really wanted as a teenager, a beautiful bracelet from my husband.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
The celebration of the birth of Jesus.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My grandmother’s pecan pie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
No specific tradition, but I have always loved that we have always spent significant time with family over the Christmas holiday.
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
An angel my grandmother made.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Most definitely giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Joy to the World
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
21. What do you want for Christmas?
For my children to understand the TRUE meaning of Christmas and to feel the love of the Lord in their lives.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party.
Usually one or two a year.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?
At home with just us on Christmas Eve… jammies or jeans and sweatshirt… comfort rules (I will change for Christmas Eve services). If we are elsewhere on Christmas Day usually jeans and a Christmas shirt.
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
As usual, I am going to cheat and tag anyone that reads this and wishes to join in. I've seen this meme around alot over the last couple of weeks, so know that many have already been tagged. I've had a blast reading everyone's answers and learning how each of you spend the holidays. If you do decide to join in, please leave me a comment. I'd love to stop by and read your answers!