1. While I have been involved in many Bible studies I have never read the Bible completely through. That was one reason that I chose to start a blog. It is one way that I keep myself accountable to studying and reading the Bible thru as I share weekly what I am studying. So far I’ve been thru Philippians, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John and have just started Ruth.
2. I think I like the “Veggie Tales” more than my kids do. I don’t know what it is… maybe the silly songs, maybe it’s Larry the Cucumber, I don’t know… I just think they’re cute and I love the music. They are just fun! Oh, and Biblical, too! :)
3. Some might find me to be a bit vertically challenged. I am a whopping 4ft 11 ½ in tall. It used to bother me terribly as a teenager. But, you know what? Now that I’m an adult I can’t even imagine being taller. This is how God made me and it works for me!
4. I am an organizer at heart. Fortunately for the rest of my family, I don’t have the time to organize my household the way I would really like to have it done. What an adjustment I’ve had to make with kids and toys in my house! (oh, and did I say toys and more toys and more toys… I swear those things take on a life of their own! )
5. My husband and I are both computer geeks. He loves the hardware side of things and I love the software side. Just picture us sitting side by side on the sofa with our laptops. Oh, yea…. there’s the picture of romance! :) It has worked good for us, though, because it is how we met – thru our computer geeky jobs!
6. I love, love, love to read. My idea of the perfect day is a winter day with snow falling outside my window (notice I said OUTSIDE my window… I most definitely would be INSIDE), a fire in the fireplace, and me curled up in a blanket reading a book… or two.... or three. Hmmmm…. re-thinking a bit here… since I live in Texas and it doesn’t snow much… think I’ll change that snowy day to a rainy day. Those are good for snuggling up in front of the fireplace with a blanket and a book, too!
7. I also love, love, love music. All kinds of music -- Contemporary Christian, country, a little rock, some classical. I can almost always find something to listen to that I enjoy.
8. My hair started turning grey when I was in college. Just a little at first and then more and more. I’ve never gone completely grey, but I do have enough that I choose to cover it up! ;)
9. Marble Slab Ice Cream…. YUMMY!
10. When I have time I enjoy cooking. One of my favorite TV stations is the TV Food Network. I love to collect recipes from their website that I think look good as I watch the shows and then pull several of them together into a fun meal for the family on a weekend.
11. One of my favorite activities to do with my kids? Color with them in their coloring books. I don’t know what it is about this activity but it relaxes me and puts me in a completely new frame of mind. Not to mention the great time I have talking with the kids as we color together.
12. I could spend hours playing computer and video games. Fortunately, I don’t have time to do that, but it is a great way for me to unwind when times are stressful. We’re thinking of buying a Wii and my husband teases me that I will play all the time and no one else in the house will get a chance.
13. Oooh… another way I like to relax? A manicure and a pedicure! Relax, feel good and look good, too, all at the same time!
14. My favorite time of the year? Autumn!
15. My favorite way to spend the holidays? With my family! Some of my best memories are Thanksgiving and Christmas with both my immediate and extended family. I want my kids to have some of those same precious memories. We always make sure we get to spend time at the holidays with just us and then also with our extended family.
So, now is the time where I tag several of you to join in on this fun meme. Come on and join in on the fun!
Natalie at Married to the Preacher