A few weeks ago, Laurie Ann tagged me for a meme where I need to share a random list of info about me. So, here goes……
1. In junior high and high school and I played the flute in the band.
2. I’ve never been a coffee drinker -- which is not to say that I don’t have a need for a little caffeine (or, maybe a LOT… ahem…). I just find mine elsewhere… Diet Coke. Specifically, a diet coke with lime from Sonic. I stop by there just about everyday!
3. On another musical note, I also took piano lessons for about 6 years during elementary school and into junior high.
4. I’m sure you will all either laugh or think “Wow.. that IS odd!” but I had the nickname of Mallard in college. A friend of mine just looked at me one day and called me Mallard instead of Mel or Melanie and for some odd reason, it just stuck.
5. I DO NOT like snakes. They just seem slimy and slithery to me… YUCK!
6. Growing up I always wanted to have a beautiful singing voice and be able to make records. Or, I guess today that would be CDs. I think I just dated myself a bit with records, huh? :) Anyway, I used to pretend in my bedroom that I was a famous recording star. Honestly, today I’m glad the Lord didn’t lead in that way. So much pressure in that arena. Once again, God definitely knew what He was doing when He led in other directions.
7. When I was a child and in elementary school I was reprimanded more for talking than for anything else. It seems my son is following in his mother’s footsteps…. ahem. Poor kid, I’m sure he’s wishing his mother had the trait of knowing when to keep her mouth shut and that would have been the trait I passed on to him. :)
Last week Tonya posted a fun meme where she assigns you a letter and then you write about 10 things you love that start with that letter. I got the letter ‘W’. A little tough, but I was up to the challenge! Stop by and see Tonya to join the fun.
So, there ya go... probably more random info about me than you ever wanted to know! Happy Tuesday!!