For more Thankful Thursday visit Iris at Sting My Heart!
This has been a week that is a bit unusual for us, but so filled with blessings. You're definitely going to notice a theme to all my notes of thankfulness and I just can't let today go by without mentioning each and everyone of them. Here they are....
* I am so thankful for my health and for God's healing when I am sick. Last Thursday I was taken down for several days with strep throat. Oh, my... I haven't been that sick in a long time! I am so thankful to be up and about and feeling good again!
* I am thankful that the Lord saw fit to keep my hubby at home until I could get back up on my feet again. Jeff is a member of a medical emergency response team that provides assistance during times of emergency... this last weekend in response to Hurrican Gustav. Originally he was supposed to leave at 5:00am on Friday morning... the day I couldn't even get out of bed! Thankfully, they had a change in plans and he didn't leave until around noon on Saturday and returned in the wee hours of Monday morning. I still wasn't 100%, but I was well enough I could get out of bed and take care of the kids.
* I am thankful for my sweet kiddos that were so understanding of the fact that mommy wasn't feeling too great. They played so well over the weekend... quietly and (mostly) without fussing. They helped me out where they could and just helped make it easier for me since Daddy wasn't home.
* I am thankful the Lord gave me a husband that wants so much to help others in need! He has been a part of this emergency response team for just over a year and this is the first hurricane season we have experienced with him working with them. It is long, hard work but one he so very much wants to do. He wants to go into these situations and do all he can for those affected by these storms. He has such a giving heart!
* I am thankful for my friends and family that love us so much and are there when we need them. We had a neighbor and family friend offer to come over Friday morning and get the kids up, dressed and off to school for me in the event Jeff had to leave on that day. We had other friends checking in on us over the weekend while he was gone. Jeff's parents were close by and offered to help in anyway. My family, while all living in other states kept in close touch with me by phone and my mother made sure to add Jeff, his team, and myself and the kids to her church prayer group list. There are more in addition to these that continue to offer to help out in any way they can over the next week or so as it looks like Jeff may now be heading in the direction of Puerto Rico today or later in the week. That area has already been hit hard by Hurrcanes Gustav and Hanna and may be hit harder later this week with Hurricane Josephine (which, at this point, is still technically a tropical storm.... but could change at any time).
Happy Thankful Thursday!