Here are six completely random things about me.....
1. I’ve never been one to sing in the shower, but I do sing quite a bit in the car. If you were to pass me on the highway as I drive to and from work, you would probably see me singing at the top of my lungs. I know I’ve had more than one person pass me that thinks I'm quite crazy. Instead of thinking I'm crazy, though, they should be thankful I do not have the windows rolled down where they could HEAR me singing at the top of my lungs! :)
2. I love to read! If there were enough hours in the day I think I could read a book a day. Unfortunately, I just can’t find that many hours. Well, unless I quit sleeping and my family will tell you that is just not a good idea. Little sleep for mom means cranky mom! I know, I know… I hate to admit it, but it’s true. I desperately need my sleep!
3. I think the last time I was tagged for a similar meme, I mentioned that I was the oldest of three girls. What I didn’t mention was that my husband is the youngest of three boys. It’s a fun little fact to share, but I can tell you that it can sometimes make things a little…hmmm… “interesting” as we pull together our “growing up experiences” and meld them into what we want for our own family. You can be assured that there are a lot of differences between a family of all sisters and a family of all brothers! :) We remember things differently, we experienced them differently, our ideas of fun family vacations are different, etc. For example, my sisters and I will never tell of how we all got into a Jell-o pudding fight at the kitchen table, had pudding all over the wallpaper, and learned that chocolate pudding will eat right thru wallpaper…. So much so that the whole kitchen required new wallpaper (my mother-in-law still grimaces when that story comes up in conversation). On the other hand, my husband’s family can’t very well discuss the experiences of having a houseful of girls all going thru “that time of the month” at the same time (oh, dear, my poor father!) Oh, yes… many differences! But, many differences that help us to work together thru our different experiences to provide what we hope is a wonderful family environment for our own little boy and little girl.
4. I am a TV Food Network junkie. If I could watch anything I wanted for as long as I wanted it would almost always be the Food Network. As that isn’t the case, ‘cause you know I have a family and a job and responsibilities and it just wouldn’t be good to sit in front of the TV all day, I catch a little bit of it here and there when I can. My daughter has actually started joining me some and every now and then even calls out, “Come on, Mom, let’s watch cookin' shows!” She does love to help in the kitchen. I’m hoping this is something we can do together for many years to come. I love watching cookin' shows with her and having her in the kitchen with me!
5. I’ve always wanted to own and operate my own business. Hubby and I have actually been working on this since early spring and it is quickly becoming a reality. I am so excited! I should have more to post on this little adventure in the months to come. This is also exciting as I can so see God’s hand all over this and how it answers other prayers related to my current work situation and some lifestyle changes I would like to make (more flexibility, moving away from “corporate America”, more involvement in our church programs, etc).
6. I love to travel! Here again, time is an issue, but I so enjoy a good trip. I enjoy seeing and experiencing how other people and cultures live life – in other countries, but also just in other parts of my own country. I am really enjoying being able to take trips with my kids and share with them all the different experiences that are part of traveling and encountering other people, their lifestyles and their little corner of the world.