Thankful Thursday

|



“Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall” Psalm 55:22


I've posted this verse for Thankful Thursday in the past, but it is so relevant to where I am this week. It is a verse that we should remember often and regularly thank God for the truths it speaks. I am so very thankful that we serve a God that allows us to cast our worries and our concerns over to Him. As long as we fully and completely turn them over, He will see it through.... to the very end. And, He does it providing peace and comfort along the way.

Earlier this week I had a mammogram. I received a call back yesterday that the radiologist wants me to come back to have a closer look at calcifications that have shown up since last year. I instantly was worried and concerned. But, you know what, I've always been a HUGE worrier and I'm just tired of it. I want to turn it over to God and let Him handle it... especially with something as big as my health.

Most likely it will be okay..... breast calcifications are not uncommon in my family and they are rarely cancerous. But, you know how Satan creeps in and puts all the worries in our heads.... What if this is the "the one" that is cancerous? What if I spend the next few months in and out of hospitals battling cancer? Yes, the worries and the doubts can be endless. It can make one crazy at times!

However, I'm letting God handle this and push Satan away! I don't want to spend the next few days worrying myself sick. I have given it to God and I'm going to let Him take care of it for me and replace my worries with comfort and peace.

Thank you, Lord, for taking it all off my shoulders and carrying the weight for me. Thank you that I can trust You to work in my life and my family's this week as we await the followup visit and report on Friday afternoon. Amen.


26 Thoughts Shared:

Denise said...

I will help you push satan back to hell where he belongs sweetie, I will be lifting you up high in my prayers. God loves you, and He will take care of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,

I'll definitely say a prayer for you. The Lord is totally, 100% in control. God bless you.

Sharon.

Unknown said...

God is gracious to take all the cares we lay on Him!! I am praying with you that He enables you to leave it in His hands... and TRUST. He is good.

Unknown said...

Melanie,

You are such an amazing example to me.

Lord, today I bring Melanie before your throne. Give her comfort and handle her call back. Let it be nothing Lord. I ask this in the powerful name of Jesus.

Aunt Angie said...

Melanie---I JOIN with you in binding that feeling of worry! One of our secretaries at the law office just went through this procedure--twice even--both times --all normal. I will be praying for you--for the peace from heaven to just flood your sweet heart and mind...for you to FEEL His arms of assurance as they wrap you up! You are in good Hands...and it ain't AllSTate!
YOU let me know if there is anything I can do!

Anonymous said...

i so agree with you about worrying. i was also a huge worrier before but thank God i am now able to let go and let God. i mean, satan has been bombarding me with poisonous thoughts that cripples me sometimes. a trick. that's all it is. God bless you, melanie.

i said...

Praying for you that the test result comes out ok.

I'm a big worrier myself. But nowadays I always hum a line quietly to myself whenever I get myself worked up worrying.

You know the line "Why so downcast o my soul? Put your trust in God!"

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Kim

Joan said...

May God grant you peace and good health. :-)

Mary said...

Melanie ~ it's amazing how the enemy tries to flood us with fear.
2 Timothy 1:7...God has not given Melanie a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind. Praying for you girl. Hang on to His peace that passes all understanding. Thanks for sharing. Blessings.

Kristi said...

I was in the same boat a month ago and everything was fine. I'm praying for His peace to fall fresh on you today. Please, keep us posted.

Susan said...

Hey Melanie,

Oh boy, I've received those "come back calls too", and oh my, the battle of my mind was on!!

I'm going to PUSH BACK satan with you and believe for a GOOD REPORT!!!

Bless your sweet heart.

Please let us know the good news when you receive it so we can rejoice with you!!

Blessings♥

Laurie Ann said...

Standing beside you and agreeing with you in prayer, Melanie. Please keep us updated on this. Praising God in advance for His good and perfect plan for you.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had your mammogram. I need one so badly. I'm praying for your results. You have a wonderful, positive attitude.
Gina @ Gina's Public Diary

Momgen said...

God is always there for us and help us whatever we need and we will not worry Melanie. I know God will not let you down just trust and believe in your heart that nothing is bad happened to your health. Pray to him he is just a prayer away.

My thankful

Tracy said...

Like others, I'm praying with you to bind up Satan and trust for a uneventful report!

Blessings,
Tracy

Addicted to Beadz said...

Melanie,

I guess we were in part on the same "page" so to speak. In my TT, I also talked about trusting God to handle our problems and times when I give it to Him and then take it back...

My older sister had this very thing occur to her a couple of years ago. All turned out well with her. Satan is consistently trying to rob us of our joy. I'm so thankful you aren't letting him and thankful the mammography place wants to check this out.

As we've learned in the last 7-8 months with my sister, Jan, God already knows what the results of each test is. HE IS IN CONTROL AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!

I'm standing right with you, praying for GREAT RESULTS.

Thanks for sharing so we can join you in prayer!

Love,
Cheryl

Cheryl said...

Praying you will be fine. Please keep us informed. Happy Thankful Thursday. Have a great weekend! God Bless~

Erica said...

You are so right...we must fight the enemy at first thought! I struggle in my mind as well, but sharing it with others releases much of the enemy's power.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Melanie, I am so with you there! I too am a big worrier and I'm sick of it! Even with this trip and my sons fever I'm thinking the worst! Thanks for the encouragement to refocus and look to HIM and not myself! Blessings to you and I'm praying for your tests!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I am saying a prayer for you regarding this situation. Also, thanks for praying for me and my husband.

God Chaser said...

I love your trust, and faith in God. You truly demonstrate yourself a woman of God and for your faith I have a surprise for you on my blog.

Tricia said...

Melanie
I will definitely be praying for you, but I am so thankful that you have given it to the Lord.

I went through that last year and it ended up being nothing serious, so I know how you are feeling... I will be praying.

Blessings & Peace!

Tami said...

I pray God will continue to keep Satan at bay and praise Him for the escape He provides us in trust. Hang in there, Melanie.

i said...

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for dropping by and leaving me a lovely comment. Please feel free to use the Psalm 23! But I'd like to apologise if you've mistaken it as my work. It wasn't. I was thankful for receiving it it time and again and wanted to share it.

Have a blessed weekend!

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Melanie,
Praying for GOD PEACE to you, and that you will get good news back that everything is okay.
Take care friend,
Lifting you uP,
Lea
Looks like all your sisterchicks are standing in faith for you!!!!!!!!!!!
PTL!