I've Been Tagged!

|
Liza from Take a Ride tagged me for a meme. It sounded like fun and a great way to get know some people since I'm still new to the blogging world. So.... here goes.


Here are the rules of the game:
1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


7 facts about myself:

1. I'm the oldest of 3 girls. I have 2 younger sisters that are the best! We are not fortunate enough to live close in distance, but we have a great relationship and have learned to make the most of the time we do have together.

2. My father and I attended school at the same time. During my years in college, he was attending seminary working on a Master's Degree in Divinity.

3. My husband proposed to me on an airplane. He was joining my family and I for Thanksgiving, so we were flying together to my sister's house for the holiday. He managed to get a message to the pilot before our flight took off and had the pilot speak those special words to me over the plane's intercom system in-flight. My father married us 6 months later and in May we will be married 12 years!

4. We have been blessed with two beautiful children -- Josh is 6 yrs old and Abby is 3 yrs old.

5. I have never liked going to the dentist. No particular reason other than I do not enjoy having anyone poking around in my mouth -- especially with all those dental tools! As I was growing up, I always went regularly because... well... my mother made me. As an adult, I almost stopped going altogether. I think over the course of about 7 years I went twice (I know.. I'm lucky my teeth didn't rot out of my head!). Ironically, I married the son of a dentist. Now if I get off the schedule of once every 6 months, I get my own personal reminder call.... no kidding! :)

6. My favorite ways to relax are time outdoors with my kids, reading to my kids, cooking (when I have time and am not rushed) and reading myself a good book.


7. I teach a 4 year old Sunday School class at my church.



I had a hard time picking out only seven people to tag since there are so many wonderful women I have "met" over the last 2 months. Plus, a couple that I wanted to tag I've seen participate in this meme recently, so I didn't want to ask them to do it again. However, I managed to narrow down my list and here they are.... consider yourselves tagged! :)


1. Stephanie
2. Tricia
3. Jen
4. Sandy
5. Tara
6. Faithful Chick
7. Sarah



5 Thoughts Shared:

Tara Sloan said...

Okay... I played!!!!

mama2dibs said...

We have a few things in common. I am also the oldest of three girls (I also am not fortunate enough to live near as close as I would like). My daddy married my hubby and me too. We are two months shy of 7 years though.

Thanks for playing. It's fun to see what kinds of things people have in common. :)

Jen&Carter said...

Thank you for tagging me, it is nice to get to know you more.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Melanie for the tag. I will get to it soon. :)
BTW, My favorite ways to relax are quite similar to yours.
~Sandy @ Jesus and Dark Chocolate

Stephanie said...

Melanie,
I finally finished my Tag post. My list of 7 explains why it took me so long to complete it! Haha!
Thanks for inviting me!

That is a neat engagement story!
Have a great week! Stephanie